Friday, June 17, 2011

Exploring Napa Valley

Late last year, we spent a day exploring Napa Valley. I remember going there when I was young but couldn't appreciate all the wine tasting and rustic country allure that it offered. This time around, although I still can't appreciate wine in general, I fell in love with the delicious taste of moscato at Andretti Winery. Just like dessert, I love how the sweetness courses through my tongue and envelopes each taste bud.


We also went to Dean & Deluca. While I think it's modern day highway robbery, the vast selection of food and goods was simply a delight to explore. We had fun tasting cheese varieties, some with truffle, pepper, or herbs. Some were extremely foul smelling. We had to wash our hands to get rid of the stench!


Eventually, we got tired and hungry and so we ended up in Bouchon where we indulged in very sinful food - foie gras terrine, french onion soup, truffle fries, roast lamb, and of course, macaroons.



Andretti Winery
4162 Big Ranch Road
Napa, CA 94558


Bouchon
6534 Washington Street
Yountville, California 94599


Dean & Deluca
607 South St. Helena Hwy
St. Helena, CA 94574

No comments:

Post a Comment