Monday, September 19, 2011

Hong Kong High

I found myself in Hong Kong yet again. Every time I visit, I discover new places, foodie delights, and quirky shops. I also visited Macau. When I first stayed at the Venetian, it seemed like in the middle of nowhere. It had no neighbors except the Four Seasons next door and so I had no reason to venture out of this sublime cocoon of a hotel. This time, I was only on a day trip so I got to stroll around the area and saw the massive hotels being built around the block. I keep wondering, do they really get filled?

The Venetian Macao
City of Dreams in Macau
View across the Venetian Macao
Fountains outside City of Dreams in Macau
Crown Hotel in Macau
inside City of Dreams Hotel in Macau
ceiling lobby of City of Dreams Hotel in Macau
Back in Hong Kong, I discovered the delightful SoHo as I wandered to Miss B's Cakery in search of sublime cakes that tasted as good as they looked. I vowed to return to Gough Street and explore the many home decor stores.

To inject some culture to the trip, a visit to the Museum of History was in order.






 This is the clearest I have seen the view on The Peak.


For a city with no meadows to breed cows, Hong Kong truly has the best steak places. When I read about Craftsteak through Chuvaness, I just knew I had to try it the next time I was in Hong Kong. Their potato gratin was divine. Apparently, they have buy 1 take 1 promo on Mondays. Unfortunately, I visited on a Sunday. Then again, I couldn't have eaten more anyway. And no, I did not eat this alone.

32 ounces of beefy goodness bone-in prime rib
Craftsteak
29 Elgin Street, Soho,
Hong Kong

Hong Kong Museum of History
100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, 
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Miss B's Cakery
39 Gough Street
Central, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment